In February 1977, Pastor Craig founded the Church of Jesus Christ Apostolic in Chicago, Illinois located at 11601-03 so. Michigan Ave. Many souls were baptized, saved, delivered and set free. GOD greatly blessed the ministry and it grew.
In 1987 the Lord expanded the congregation and bestowed upon the Church of Jesus Christ, Apostolic, a beautiful church and pre-school educational building in Harvey, Illinois. This endeavor is a great blessing to the community, and the Preschool has given much care and love to hundreds of young children throughout many south suburban communities for over thirteen years. The Church of Jesus Christ has been instrumental in the training and development of many individuals in a variety of professional careers.
Evangelist Z. M. Craig is a dedicated leader to the people of GOD everywhere and continues to pastor The Church of Jesus Christ, Apostolic located at 15319-23 Turlington Ave, Harvey, Illinois.
Her vision continued to grow for the LORD and his people. The need for a new facility to accommodate a growing congregation and community became apparent and of a great necessity. This was revealed to Pastor Craig in a vision. The vision and call from the LORD to Pastor Craig was for a larger sanctuary and educational facility. In 2002 plans were drawn up and the building began.
The LORD blessed in a mighty way and the new facility was completed and dedicated to the almighty GOD in May of 2004. The LORD is Great and greatly to be praised. I Chronicles 16:25.
The Church of Jesus Christ, Apostolic now has a capacity for 850 – 1000 parishioners to worship comfortably. In addition to the sanctuary, an educational and tutoring facility, which was later named Pathways to Learning Christian Academy, was also established.
The facility has a tutoring and academic preparedness center for 100 students ages pre-K3 through 8th grade. Its’ objective is to prepare our youth for the academic and spiritual challenges they will face in this millennium.
In October of 2013 the Tiny Tots Early Learning Academy was established. This facility serves infants 6 weeks old through 2 years old and links to Pathways to Learning Christian Academy which serves children from pre-K3 through 8th grade.
Pastor Craig continues to lead God’s people each and every day. She is always allowing God to direct her with God’s people in mind. Her current vision is to establish a gymnasium and family life center, and this vision, shall too come to pass.
A favorite scripture of Pastor Craig’s: “With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible”. Matthew 19:26
Evangelist Z. M. Craig
Founder and Pastor
The Church Of Jesus Christ, Apostolic
Evangelist Z. M. Craig was baptized in Jesus’ name and received the gift of the Holy Ghost in 1950. She worshipped at Morgan Park Assembly Church under the leadership of Elder Herbert C. Moore until 1957. She was led to The Prince of Peace Gospel Mission under the pastorship of Evangelist Senia Johnson, who taught her the meaning of Holiness and God’s great love for his people. After the death of Pastor Johnson in 1964, Evangelist Z.M. Craig was led by God to start prayer in her home. This prayer ministry continued for many years.
In 1970 she met Bishop John W. Barber of the Apostolic Live Forever Ministries which later became the Born Again Churches of Jesus Christ. Through this ministry Evangelist Z.M. Craig traveled with Bishop Barber to various parts of the United States, Europe, Jamaica, and Haiti. After returning home in 1974 Evangelist Z.M. Craig resumed prayer in her home and the Lord established a new place of worship in the Roseland Community located at 104th & Michigan Avenue.